Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Deals and Steals


So as many of my friends and family know, I can be a bit of a shopaholic. However I am an avid discount and deal finding shopper. I am signed up for almost every rewards program and can manage to get a free meal a week out of them. Pretty great for the DC budget. I also have noticed that Target and other companies are doing a fabulous job of knocking off some of my favorite stores like J. Crew. Below are some of the great knock-offs I have found recently (with a little craft project thrown in)!

I have been using this Bobbi Brown foundation since high school and LOVE it. I do not however love spending $40+ on makeup, even if it lasts a long time. Luckily Maybelline just came out with a product that's almost identical and less than $7!

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobbi-brown-foundation-stick/2814909?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1567&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_5_C




Fit Me® Shine-Free Foundation
Maybelline Fit me Concealer (I use Classic Ivory because I have the skin of a ghost)
http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Foundation/Fit-Me-Shine-Free-Foundation.aspx




My second love to J. Crew (okay maybe they're tied) would definitely be Target. It's the only place that can make you so happy while making you so broke at the same time. Recently Target has come out with a vest to knock-off one of my all time favorite J. Crew items (that I refuse to buy because a half a coat (aka vest) should not cost $80+)!

J. Crew Herringbone Vest, currently at the Factory for $90
Target vest (comes with a scary huge hood, but it's removable) for $34.99

Lastly comes my favorite craft project that I am definitely breaking the bank for if I don't go broke in Charleston (it's quite possible!). J. Crew has been partnering with Liberty of London for the past few years to make some adorable clothes. The combo of the two names however makes for a very not cute price tag. One of the prints I have been eyeing lately is on this cute shirt for fall:

Liberty ruffled popover in Xanthe sunbeam print
J. Crew Liberty of London top $188
Well I recently decided I am going to really teach myself to sew clothing  (I've made a few dresses/paper bags with sleeves in the past) and discovered that Purl Soho has this exact fabric for sale! With the combo of the Wiksten Tova pattern, I am definitely planning on making my own version of the J. Crew shirt for $100 less!
Liberty of London Red Xanthe Sunbeam $36.50 at Purl Soho
Image of Tova Sewing Pattern
Wiksten Tova sewing pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment